Looking for the best recipes to make weed candy? You’ve just come to the right place. Making your own edibles is a fun way to experience the benefits of weed without having to smoke — let alone all the tantalizing flavors you can revel in when cooking with cannabis. Weed candy is one of the simplest recipes to make weed edibles. In this article, we’ll cover the basics of making weed candy at home. You’ll learn how to prepare a cannabis tincture and how to infuse it into virtually any sweet recipe. Ready to satisfy your sweet tooth?
How to Prepare Homemade Cannabis CandyMaking weed handy at home actually starts with a visit to a dispensary. This is where you buy the source material for your edibles.
1. Pick the Right StrainCannabis strains have different levels of THC, ranging from 10% to upwards of 30%. Each strain also has its unique set of terpenes, which are aromatic compounds that give cannabis plants its aromas and flavors. It’s important that the strain you choose should have exactly the flavors, medicinal benefits, and THC concentrations that you’re looking for. For creating weed candy recipes, we recommend picking some of the fruity-flavored flowers, such as Cotton Candy, Girl Scout Cookies, Fruity Pebbles, or Blueberry. If you have a high tolerance to THC, you might want to look around for a more powerful strain — something with around 30% of THC. However, new consumers are advised to stick to strains with a lower THC content, such as 15%.
2. Make the Tincture for Your Cannabis CandyThe tincture is a potent extract infused with cannabinoids and other therapeutic compounds from cannabis. You can prepare a cannabis tincture at home by grinding decarboxylated cannabis buds and submerging it in a solvent like high-proof alcohol. The solvent strips all of the cannabinoids and terpenes off the plant matter, then you need to strain out your soaked flowers and evaporate the alcohol. The end product is a concentrated, liquid extract. You can do it automatically with a Magical Butter Machine or in a traditional way. Below we show you how to make cannabis tincture for your candy without that device:
- Step 1: Grab your favorite strain and break it up with a grinder or by hand.
- Step 2: Place the ground weed on a baking tray laid with parchment paper. Heat your weed at 250 F for 30-40 minutes to activate the THC and other cannabinoids.
- Step 3: Transfer the decarboxylated weed into a jar filled with the alcohol solvent. Let it sit for about 2–4 weeks, depending on how strong you want your tincture to be.
- Step 4: Strain out the plant matter with cheesecloth and keep your extracted liquid. You can also evaporate some of the alcohol to make it stronger, but remember to remain cautious during the process so you don’t burn yourself.
Weed Candy: The Best RecipesIn this section, we share our favorite recipes for weed candy. You can experiment with different sweets, but the three recipes below are the best to get yourself started.
1. Weed LollipopIngredients:
- Cannabis tincture (adjust the amount to the desired potency)
- Lollipop mold
- Lollipop sticks
- 1 cup of natural sugar
- ½ cup of corn syrup
- ¼ cup of tap water
- Citrus flavoring
- Candy thermometer
- Combine the sugar with corn syrup and water in a medium saucepan. Heat the mixture up over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved.
- Bring the content of your saucepan to boil.
- Once there, place your thermometer in the saucepan and wait until the temperature reaches 300 F.
- Take the saucepan off the heat, with the thermometer still sitting there.
- Let it cool down to 250 F, then stir the cannabis tincture long with citrus flavoring.
- Transfer the mixture into your lollipop molds and finish them off with lollipop sticks.
- Allow to cool completely at room temperature. After about 30 minutes, they should be ready to eat.
2. Weed Chocolate** This recipe uses ground weed instead of the tincture. You can substitute it with your tincture, but make sure to adjust the dosage accordingly. Ingredients:
- 100 grams of chocolate
- 5 grams of ground weed
- Glass bowl
- Candy mold
- Decarboxylate the weed to activate the cannabinoids and terpenes.
- While your weed is decarbing, melt your chocolate using steam. Put the chocolate in a glass bowl, then pour water into the saucepan and bring it to a boil.
- Set the bowl over the boiling water so that the water doesn’t touch the bottom of the bowl. Allow the chocolate to melt.
- Stir in the decarboxylated cannabis, mixing well to incorporate the herb into your melted chocolate.
- Let the chocolate sit there for a while and strain it through a fine sieve.
- Transfer the chocolate into your candy mold.
- Keep it in the refrigerator.
- Taste the potency of your chocolate by eating a small piece and waiting for up to 2 hours to assess the effects.
3. Weed GummiesIngredients:
- 1 oz of cannabis tincture
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- Pinch of salt
- 5 tablespoons of gelatin
- 1 cup of fruit juice
- Measuring glass
- Gummy bear molds
- Combine the fruit juice with honey and a pinch of salt in a saucepan.
- Bring it to a boil then whisk in the gelatin and continue stirring for about 5 minutes to combine the ingredients together.
- Add the tincture and stir it in. After that, use a spoon to transfer the hot liquid into your bear candy molds.
- Transfer the molds into the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes. Once your gummies have hardened, pop them out of the molds and transfer them into an air-tight jar.
- Take one gummy and wait for about 45 minutes up to 2 hours for the effects to take hold. This will help you avoid overdosing.